Board Meeting Minutes
August 17, 2017
Summerfield United Methodist Church
Present: Stephanie Calloway, Martha Davis-Kipcak, Catherine Draeger, Bonnie Halvorsen, Dawn Powell (9:38 arrival), Barbara Richards, Nya Taryor
Absent: Antoine Carter, Damian Coleman, Kristin Fledderjohn, Marie Jewell, Erika Villafuerte, Pahuoa Xiong
Guest: Bruce Wiggins (9:30 arrival)
- Due to lack of quorum, meeting called to order at 9:39 by Stephanie Calloway. While waiting for board members to arrive, we reviewed agenda items:
- Financial report
- Reminder of Nonprofit Center membership
- Review of Policy Register
- Update on Aug 14 Policy Meeting. Detailed discussion on MKE Elevates plan response (with Bruce and Barbara).
- Review/approve June BOD minutes and July General Meeting notes
- In July notes, Nick DeMarsh rather than “Kristin______”, add other speakers and moderator, other typos.
- Martha moved to approve BOD Minutes, Bonnie seconded. Motion carries with unanimous approval.
- With above noted edits, Dawn moved to approve General Meeting notes, Nya seconded. Motion carries with unanimous approval.
- Executive Committee Report (chair Stephanie Calloway)
- MFC reflection/evaluation plan for November; Marie asked for assistance in formulating evaluation. Paulette Flynn had volunteered when she made the suggestion.
- Board candidate considerations: seats up for re-election; Nya (will run), Damian (not present), Catherine (undecided), Antoine (not present), Bonnie (will run), Martha (will be vacant). Review rubric for intentional representation.
- (Tabled) Fundraising Committee Report (chair Erika Villafuerte)
- McGinnity Foundation
- Engagement Committee Report (Stephanie for chair Marie Jewell)
- Facebook plan: All board members are now editors of FaceBook page. A letter has been sent to volunteer to request curation services through January.
- September MFC General Meeting details:
- Potluck, framed as networking/discussion on September 21 at 5pm. Dawn will hold orientation at 4:30.
- Focus on random seating/mixing it up. Stephanie will contact hospitality committee to facilitate.
- Invite Kim Whitmore to speak on MKE Elevate
Adjourned at 11:07.